Sunday Night Snow UpdateMarch 22nd, 2013 at 11:52 pm by Jonathan Conder under Weather
Just when you thought spring was here and you were all ready to break out the grill, sorry folks, this ain’t no April Fools joke, snow is likely Sunday Night.
I just got done looking over some new model data and here are my thoughts:
- I have high confidence that we will see at least 5-7″ of snow for Allen County Sunday night.
- I actually think 5-7″ may be just a touch on the low side and I am about ready to up the amounts to at least 6-8″, but I need to see a few more forecasting products first.
- A forecast of 6-10″ for Fort Wayne would not be a stretch at all.
- If you are doing any traveling Sunday night, especially between Fort Wayne and Indy, expect a difficult, if not a dangerous drive.
- This storm is still over the Northern Rockies and any slight change in the storm track may drastically affect the final snow forecast.
On a side note, I came across this late Friday night: Prosecutor Seeks Death Penalty for Ground Hog
Lesson learned right? (Don’t trust an over-sized rodent for a long range forecast.) Maybe they were asking the wrong Phil for the forecast.
Stay tuned… more weather updates coming this weekend.